CentOS Web Panel (CWP) (2)
In this article we will be explaining you how to setup first user and domain in Centos Web Panel. Lets get straight through the process.
Making First User:
Navigate to User Accounts –> New Account and fill out the information. Click create and your new user account and domain will be created.
*Note: Goto Packages –> Add a Package to create a different package as per your needs.
CentOS Web Panel (CWP) is a free web panel to manage your Dedicated Server and Virtual Private Server. Basically it is a replicate of Cpanel with main features integrated for enhanced server management.
– Apache Web Server (Mod Security + OWASP rules optional)
– PHP 5.4 (suPHP, SuExec + PHP version switcher)
– MySQL + phpMyAdmin
– Postfix + Dovecot + roundcube webmail (Antivirus, Spamassassin optional)
– CSF Firewall
– File System Lock (no more website hacking, all your files are locked from changes)
– Backups (optional)
– AutoFixer for server configuration
3rd Party Aplications
– CloudLinux + CageFS + PHP Selector
– Softaculous – Script Installer (Free and Premium)
CentOS Web Panel (CWP)
– Setups Server for Web Hosting (websites like WordPress…)
– Varnish Cache server (improve your server performances by 3x)
– Compiles Apache from source (improves up to 15% on performances)
– Apache reCompiler + Additional modules install with one click
– Apache server status, configuration
– Apache Redirects Manager
– Edit apache vhosts, vhosts templates, include configuration
– Rebuild all apache Virtual hosts with one click
– suPHP & suExec (improved security)
– Mod Security + OWASP rules (one click install, easy management)
– Tomcat 8 server management & install in one click
– DoS protection from the Slow-Loris attacks
– Perl cgi script support
– Compiles PHP from source (improves up to 20% on performances)
– PHP Switcher (switch between PHP versions like: 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5)
– PHP Selector select PHP version per user or per folder (PHP 4.4, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6)
– Simple php editor
– Simple php.ini generator in the users panel
– PHP addons with one click
– PHP.ini editor & PHP info & List modules
– php.ini per user account (you can add changes in /home/USER/php.ini)
– FFMPEG, For Video streaming websites)
– CloudLinux + PHP Selector
– Add, List, Edit adn Remove Users
– User Monitoring (list users open files, listening sockets…)
– Shell access management
– User Limit Managment (Quota and Inodes)
– Limit Processes: The maximum number of processes available per account.
– Limit Open Files: The maximum number of open files available per account.
– User FTP & File Manager
– CloudLinux + CageFS
– Dedicated IP per account
– FreeDNS (Free DNS Server, no need for additional IPs)
– Add, Edit, List and Remove DNS zones
– Edit nameserver IPs
– DNS zone template editor
– New Easy DNS Zone Manager (with ajax)
– New DNS Zone list with Additional resolving information using google (also checking rDNS, nameservers….)
– postfix & dovecot
– MailBoxes, Alias
– Roundcube webmail
– Postfix Mail queue
– rDNS Checker Module (check you rDNS records)
– AntiSPAM (Spamhaus cronjob)
– SPF & DKIM Integration
– Re-Build Postfix/Dovecot Mail server with (AntiVirus, AntiSpam Protection)
– Email Auto Responder
– Hardware Information (CPU core and clock info)
– Memory Information (Memory usage info)
– Disk Info (Detailed Disk status)
– Software Info (kernel version, uptime…)
– Services Status (Quick services restart eg. Apache, FTP,Mail…)
– ChkConfig Manager (Quick list and manage your services)
– Network port usage
– Network configuration
– SSHD configuration
– Auto-Fixer (checks important configuration and tries to auto-fix issues)
– Live Monitoring (Monitor services eg. top, apache stats, mysql…)
– Use Java SSH Terminal/Console within panel
– Services Configuration (eg. Apache, PHP, MySQL…)
– Run shell commands in screen/background
– CSF Firewall (Best Linux Firewall)
– SSL generator
– SSL Certificate Manager (quick and easy installation of SSL Certs)
– CloudLinux + CageFS
– MySQL Database Managment
– Add local or remote access user
– Live Monitor MySQL process list
– Create, Remove database
– Add additional users per database
– MySQL server configuration
– PhpMyAdmin (database managment)
Installation Requirement: http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
System Requirement: http://centos-webpanel.com/system-requirements
Server Upgrade: http://centos-webpanel.com/server-update
How to Install:
cd /usr/local/src wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-latest sh cwp-latest
After installation you need to reboot server.
Login to your server (http://server-ip:2030). In our case we will use http://cwp.bullten.com:2030
A) Change Shared IP:
Navigate to CWP Settings –> Edit Settings and change IP from 127.0.0.1 to your server main IP. (In my case it is 18.104.22.168)
B) Setup Name Server:
Navigate to DNS Functions –> Edit Nameservers IPs and setup your own name server.
A) Enabling CSF Firewall
Navigate to home page ie (http://your-server-ip:2030/index.php) and on the right side you will see option Firewall. Click and enable it.
Now click on Firewall Configuration and check the configuration once to satisfy your needs. By default CWP provides working rules. So you dont need to change anything. Just click Firewall Enable and you are good to go.
B) Change SSH Port
Navigate to Service Config –> SSH Configuration and change SSH Port from 22 to anything you want. In my case I changed the port to 1298.
*NOTE: Enable the SSH port in CSF firewall if enabled.
We have covered installation and basic security in this article. Now you are good to create a new user account and add domains.